Jackfruit can be easily mistaken for pulled pork when seasoned properly. The look, taste, and texture resemble the
best BBQ out there. Jackfruit by itself is hard to handle, so look for the canned brined jackfruit. Open the can and run the jackfruit under cool water, shredding it apart into a colander. Make this version of the traditional sliders—just call itBBQ and no one will be the wiser!
1 clove garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1 20oz can jackfruit, drained and rinsed in water
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP hoisin sauce
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
3-4 shallots, chopped
1. Mix together garlic, onion, and ginger root in a pan with a splash of veggie broth or water.
2. Add jackfruit, veggie broth, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce to the pan.
3. Cook until jackfruit starts to break apart and shred.
4. Add cabbage, carrots, and shallots and cook until tender
5. Serve over lettuce wraps, or whole wheat buns with BBQ sauce to taste.