Who doesn’t love French toast? As an addition to
your breakfast rotation of groats and wilted greens, French
toast makes for an amazing weekend splurge without the
health downside, only upside with these ingredients!
- 5-6 slices of whole grain, thick, hearty bread
- 2 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat non-stick frypan on the stove at medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients except the bread in a bowl and let sit on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Dip both sides of bread into mixture and toss into the pan turning from side to side until done.
- Top with maple syrup, fruit, nut butter, plain yogurt, dried fruit, cinnamon or date sugar and enjoy!