This is going to be a “Go RVing” blog. Here is the thing: We would have never known about this place or come here if we did not travel full time in an RV. We were going to go to New Orleans (about 2 hours east), stay a few days there, and shoot an episode of our new YouTube series “Vegan Ventures” (Stay Tuned!) Lake Arthur was supposed to be just a one-nighter on the way, but once we got here, and Mylo jumped into the lake with Mindy,
And tonight’s wellness wagon Cajun gourmet dinner:
Lima beans in tomato casserole with arugula salad (best food in Lousiana is being served in the Wellness Wagon tonight.)
Here is the recipe for the lima bean casserole:
- 1 pound lima beans
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- .5 cups of bread crumbs
- Soak the lima beans prior to cooking. Cook the beans in water on the stovetop for 30 minutes until tender.
- Combine garlic and onion in a skillet with 4 tablespoons of white wine.
- Sautee for 5-10 minutes. Add all tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and thyme.
- Mix together and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Lima Beans and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Cook for 50 minutes at 350
- Let cool and serve!
If we weren’t living in an RV, we would have never landed for the past ten weeks on the intercostal waterway in Freeport, TX, with such great friends as the Bensons. And it was awesome. We did not want to leave. Last week I went tanker surfing in one of the busiest shipping channels on the planet: Galveston harbor. Giant ships make giant wakes that eventually break on dredged shoals of the channel. We are talking 3-mile rides here. Our guide Captain James has the whole thing completely wired, and he is buddies with most of the ship captains. This captain (who took the pic from the bridge on top of the ship) TRIED to make a good wave for us (that’s me on the right-hander headed towards the ship). I would have NEVER gone tanker surfing if we did not live and travel in an RV full time. It’s simply epic the whole journey. When is the right time to dive into RV living NOW!!!! Just get out there and do it!
My prostate cancer update:
- PSA went down to 1.6 a few weeks ago from 10.1 high and is probably even lower since starting Orgovyx 7 weeks ago.
- Honest: I feel fantastic.
- Definite drop in the muscle tone and the sex drive, but still going at both!
- Last time I checked my weight, 2 or 3 days ago, I was 134, so a few pounds up.
- All vitals from all blood panels came back stellar! Thank you, WFPB diet!
- I do get hot flashes several times a day, but they are very mild and tolerable. I’d have to say it’s not as bad as they were on Lupron.
- My mental state is excellent right now. I feel positive and happy.
Oh, and I started a 5-day water-only fast last week but cut it short to 3 days because the tanker surfing opportunity popped up. Even just a 3-day water-only fast makes me feel energized.
Get out there!