Black beans and quinoa together! Shut the front door! What could be better? A complete protein source through and through, and so good for you.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa 1 chopped onion
- 6 chopped mushrooms sautéed in a small amount of white wine or water or veg broth
- 3 garlic cloves minced 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons hot chili flakes Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook quinoa for 10 minutes in 1½ cups water.
- Cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic with small amount of white wine or water or veg broth in sauce pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in ½ beans and ½ quinoa—cook for 5 minutes.
- Process this in food processor.
- Then add all remaining ingredients and shape into patties.
- Cook at 350 F for 20-30 minutes.